Creamy Rutabaga Soup
A wonderful creamy, flavourful soup that is perfect for the cold winter days.
Write a review
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups rutabagas, peeled & diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled & diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole milk
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large pot.
- Remove bacon from pot, crumble and set aside.
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in bacon grease for 5 minutes.
- Add rutabaga, potato, chicken stock, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Blend using hand blender in pot or blend in blender in batches. Return to pot if blended in blender.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat gently to serving temperature, do not boil.
- Garnish with bacon and enjoy.
Newbie Nesters http://newbienesters.com/