Chai Spiced Apple Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Wake up and enjoy a delicious, hot bowl of oatmeal that is full of fall flavor!
Write a review
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Chai Tea Bags
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, optional
- 1 Cup Steel-Cut Oats
- 2 Apples, peeled and chopped roughly
- Brown Sugar, to taste
- Bring water, almond milk, vanilla extract, tea bags, ground cinnamon, and cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Add steel-cut oats, and chopped apples. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove tea bags and cinnamon stick, add brown sugar to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Did You Know?
- Steel-cut oats, sometimes called Irish oats or Scottish oats, are made by running whole oat groats through a steel mill to chop them into pieces. This variety of oats imparts a slightly nuttier taste than regular oats, and it has a chewy texture.
Newbie Nesters http://newbienesters.com/